Thursday, April 5, 2012

And the preparation continues.

Every passing day solidifies my resolve to begin this crazy endeavor. I have to admit, I've gotten some priceless looks from those I've told so far. My father's was the best thus far. It was as though I had told him that I was fact Spiderman.

He blinked a few times, as if to refocus his vision tilted his head towards the TV, making it seem that what he'd heard had come from the direction of the tube, and not his son standing directly in front of him.

The confusion on his face as he asked, "So, you're not going to start that job you were talking about?" seemed to be contagious, because for a moment I could feel the antibodies forming in my own body fighting off this infectious bewilderment. I blinked myself, to focus my resolution rather than my vision and repeated what I'd told him.

"No, I'm taking a year off to complete this challenge. What do you think?"

It was great. After a few silent moments his words summed up pretty much everyone else's response, "Cool!" This was followed by the typical fatherly inquiry, "Are you sure?"

It's been about a week since my initial post and I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am definitely sure.

The task of researching all the possible events I can participate in has been beyond daunting. But I have to admit that the planning stage is awesome. I'll be posting a calendar up soon, as requested by many of you to allow for some participation. It would be cool if some of you are able to join in on the experience.

I'd like to especially give thanks to Daino, Steven, Erin, Trandrew, Sanchez, Mr. Penny, Bridget, David L., Christie, Colleen, Zach, Alex, Fabi, Liz, Julie, Melissa my beloved lawyer :P and Rosy for either liking the status update or making an encouraging comment via FB or text. That electronic acknowledgment helps in more ways that you can imagine. I'd like to point out a special thank you to Nick Bunzli for keeping it real :D , a very special thanks to Candace for being the first to suggest a specific event for me. You have no idea how that little bit of advice saves me so much time and adds a special touch to the planning. Of course Valery for not looking at me like I'm crazy when I told you and just going with it :D you know me too well.

Again, I look forward to the 22nd and like I said before, if you have any ideas on specific events, or you know of people who might be able to point me into a direction that may help please keep me in mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment