Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Slow, but productive day...

Well it seems I've come across a dilemma. It turns out that certain days I have to allot to the administrative aspects of this project. I was supposed to Volunteer at the LBUSD Special Olympics today, however, I am also to begin working with Reading Partners LA this week as well, and that program requires that I complete some medical tests as well as submit my Live Scan background information before Thursday. Well, seeing as how that's a few days away and the medical tests have a two day turnaround I had to rain check on working with the Long Beach School District today to get some of this stuff done.

First things first:
I know... I'm pretty pale...
I know I don't have the cutest arm but I got my TB shot and that little bump went away... so I'm assuming I'm good to go. However, I have to wait for the official result from the Doctor on my follow-up visit. Then I receive my TB card and I can submit that to Reading Partners. 

I would like to give a special thanks to my Doctor for hooking it up with the free test, as I'm currently unemployed because I'm chasing after this endeavor. He was gracious enough to let this one go pro bono. I will not give you his name, because I'm sure he wouldn't want everyone to know he's doing this stuff for free. :D

On that note! I'd also like to thank my buddy (I've known this guy since elementary school), Valor Kopeny! You are the man!! Thank you for hooking it up with the Live Scan! I appreciate you working me in at such a short notice!!

He doesn't do this full time anymore, as he's been working a lot with his church, Calvary Chapel East Anaheim, as their Media Production Guru (that's not the official title, I'm calling him a guru 'cuz he's that kind of awesome). You can check out the Church's website and media uploaded by visiting:
http://www.cc-ea.org/

He still does Live Scan work by appointment. So, should you need his services please check out his website. Although he is not at the locations listed on the site you may still contact him to schedule a meet and he would be more than gracious in allocating some time for you!
http://www.livescannoc.com/id5.html

All that is good and all, however, I think this guy's true calling is photography. After looking at some of his work with the church and his personal photography work you can tell he's got the gift needed to be a photog. Visit his site and keep him in mind should you need any of his expert help! Just tell him Alvaro sent you, and he'll totally take care of you!
http://valorkopenyphotography.weebly.com/index.html

I don't know where I'd be without the help of these awesome people!! Thank you for helping this guy out! From the bottom of my heart, thank you guys!

Time to get some rest, I get to enjoy another day with the brave men of the LAFD to gather some funds for the MDA!!

Goodnight everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment